24 November 2010
It’s goodbye to soft towels and socks…we have disconnected the tumble drier!
- Our current system of airing clothes and managing laundry in our under-stairs area works well but recent incidents of condensation have raised questions such as…
- Where exactly does the moisture produced by the clothes go to?
- What is the optimal level of relative humidity for a domestic house (heated to, say, 20 degrees) to maintain best air quality?
- Should we invest in a hygrometer to monitor relative humidity levels?
- Should we use the duct previously connected to the tumble drier to vent our under-stairs to the outside?
- Should this be connected to a fan to assist air movement?
- You can read an interesting discussion on the topic published by The Guardian entitled “What’s the most eco-friendly way to dry my laundry indoors?” at http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/green-living-blog/2010/jul/22/eco-friendly-drying-laundry.
- I’ll keep you posted of our own progress!