- This month, I’m delighted to be tackling the whole issue of drawing…
- You could say that drawing is the language of architects, the means by which ideas are explored and tested.
- In my work as House Consultant, drawings are indispensable when exploring the potential for alterations to interior layouts, for extensions and for the design of special areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Although it is a new area for most, I find people very attuned to the freehand, scaled drawings I prepare in the form of “Before” and “”After” studies.
- You’ll find examples of such sketches under “Case Studies”, a new category I’ve added to the site for May, including some sketches prepared for clients in the course of my Simon Open Door consultations.
- I’ll be adding drawings also to my Portfolio section, which contains examples of my work from my previous life as a “regular” architect and to those posts relating to my own house.
- I’ve filed more detailed thoughts about drawing in a separate post beneath and plan to prepare a “ladybird guide” to drawing conventions for those with a blind spot in this area!
- I hope you find this new addition to the site useful and that the early arrival of summer this year has inspired you to tackle your house afresh and with new vigour…
- Read the discussion about Open Plan Living featuring some of my views on the issue in the article entitled “Opening Up – the Debate” published in The Irish Independent on 28 May!